Australia ranked as the happiest developed nation yet again. This news transmitted faster than the speed of sound. So yes we congratulate all the Australians for being called as the happiest developed nation. It’s indeed a great news for those as well who are planning to migrate to Australia for permanent residency or continuing their higher education abroad.
For those of you who aren’t aware that it’s not the first time that Australia has won the prestigious title of the “happiest developed nation on planet”. In fact, it is the third time that Australia has been voted as the happiest nation in the Better Life Index compiled by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development beating countries like Sweden, UK, Canada and USA etc.
One must be wondering … why Australia yet again??
- More than 73% of Australia’s 23 million people aged 15 to 64 have a paid job and are satisfied with it. This is even above the OECD average.
- Life expectancy is also quite higher in Australia, at almost 82 years.
- Australia’s economy has had more than two decades of growth due to demand for its natural resources.
- The Country also managed to sidestep the worst of the financial crisis and was the only major developed nation to avoid the global recession in 2009.”
- The country’s economic strength has been reflected in the Australian dollar, currently trading close to 30-year highs.
- Some of the best universities and colleges are operating in Australia.
- The country is also known as an “immigrant friendly” country. Numerous immigrants are working as top executives in companies.
- The recent news of Mehreen Faruqi , becoming the first Pakistani to serve in the Parliament of Australia.
More than 30 countries were ranked on the basis of income levels, health, safety and housing and Australia has beaten them all for the third time in a row.
The top ten happiest nations in the Better Life Index compiled by the Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development are:
- United States
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
Anita Burgh once said in one of her novels that Australia is one of those countries that need to be visited at least once in your lifetime. If you plan to visit Australia for higher education or for permanent migration so do contact AINiT Consultancy Services. AINiT CS is a registered and certified organization with the government of Australia and has sent over 700 students and professionals to Australia so far.
Call us : 021-35883852-3-4 (Karachi Office).
+61 297596761 , +61 297596761 ( Sydney Office )
Official Website : http://www.ainit.net.au .
Written by Danish Maqsood
Published by AINiT’s Editorial Team